Pass Your Test with Driving Instructor Training in Manchester
SET YOUR OWN HOURS AND WORK TO SUIT YOU
Becoming a Driving Instructor
Successfully pass your driving instructor test with the help of our experienced, dedicated, and friendly trainers.
Our mission is to help as many aspiring instructors as possible to lead a rewarding career in teaching learners to drive, and we work hard to achieve this. Please do not hesitate to contact the experts at our reputable driving instructor training company in Manchester, Lancashire, to find out more about our services.
To become a driving instructor, you must meet the following criteria:
- Becoming a Driving Instructor
- Registered as a Driving Instructor in Another EU Country
- Be 21 Years of Age or Older
- Had a Full Driving Licence for a Minimum of 3 Years
The type of car your driving licence is for is also part of the criteria.
Motoring Offences and Convictions
Your application may be refused if you have:
- Motoring Offences and Convictions
- Been Banned from Driving
- 5 or More Penalty Points
- Been Convicted of Any Other Non-Motoring Offences
The ADI Registrar will consider whether or not you are suitable to become a driving instructor.
Your application is unlikely to be accepted if you have been:
- Unlikely to be accepted if
- Convicted of a Sexual, Violent, Financial, or a Drug-Related Crime
- Banned from Working with Children
Get a Driving Instructor’s CRB Check
Before you start, you will need to use:
- The Organisation Pin: 105205
- Secret Word Axis
- Organisation Name: PDI (PO)
When you have completed the online application, you must provide proof of identity. You can do this at the post office via the CRB and ID Verification Service. You will need to take a printed page from your online application with barcodes on it and 3 original forms of ID (not copies).
These can be:
- 3 original forms of ID
- Your Passport
- Your Driving Licence
- A Utility Bill That is Less Than 3 Months Old
- A Bank Statement That is Less Than 3 Months Old
This service costs £6.
Applying to Be a Driving Instructor
Once you have completed your CRB check and submitted it, you can apply to become a driving instructor.
Driver Instructor Training
Part 1 Training – Theory Test
There are no limitations on how many times you can take the theory test.
Revision and Practice
We supply training books online using Theory Pro and provide two hours of classroom training. The test includes multiple choice questions and a hazard perception section.
The questions in the theory test are based on:
- The Highway Code
- Know Your Traffic Signs
- Driving – the Essential Skills
We will provide you with the approved driving instructors pack and handbook. You will need to study these in depth to pass the test.
ADI Part 2 – Driving Ability Test
To identify whether you are ready for part 2 of the instructor training, we create a bespoke training programme for you.
There are 5 parts to the approved driving instructor (ADI) part 2 tests. These include:
- Eyesight Checks
- 26.5 Metres for Vehicles with New-Style Number Plates
- 27.5 Metres for Vehicles with Old-Style Number Plates
- ‘Show Me, Tell Me’ Vehicle Safety Questions
- General Driving Ability
- Independent Driving
The test takes one hour.
Once you have passed part 2, we can apply for a trainee licence if you have had:
- At Least 40 Hours of Training from a Qualified ADI in Providing Driving Instruction (10 Hours Completed in a Car), and Recorded on the ADI 21T Declaration Form
- Are Eligible to Take the ADI Part 3 Test
Part 3 Instructional Ability
You will be marked on 17 areas of competence that are grouped into 3 categories:
- Lesson Planning
- Risk Management
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
You can have 3 attempts.
ADI Standards Check
The ADI Standards Check assesses your ability to teach pupils and you will need to take at least one ADI standards check during each 4-year period that you’re registered as an Advanced Driving Instructor.
You may be removed from the ADI register if you do not book or complete your standards check.
After you have booked the check you must take:
- your approved driving instructor (ADI) registration certificate
- a car that meets the requirements
- a pupil